This is a recording of our webinar in the WISE Riders Club with Dr. Stephanie Burns.
Stephanie is not only an incredible horsewoman, author, and speaker, Stephanie has spent much of her career focused on learning.
How we learn and what we can do to learn more easily.
Stephanie began by becoming one of the first women trained as an engineer by the US Army Signal Corp. Stephanie was training others by the time she was 19.
On leaving the army Stephanie worked in consulting and training and immediately saw the need to help adults develop learning strategies and psychological frameworks about learning suitable to the maturity of the adult brain.
In short, adults learn differently and most of us don’t know how to learn effectively.
Stephanie can help us change that.
This year, she embarked on her most ambitious written work: The Dangerous Cultural Messages about Getting Older: Self-fulfilling Prophecies. She recognized that this generation is the one who will confront the reality that many, if not most, will live very long lives. Her new book (one of many) resets our mindset about the realities of aging.
Here are a few highlights you will learn in this webinar with Dr. Burns:
- Why adults actually learn faster than kids. Stephanie proves this with her students time and time again.
- How to train and prep for non-controllable environments (riding in a hunt field as an example).
- Are you a me person or a we person?
- What each needs and how it affects our enjoyment of learning and activities such as riding.
- How activity stimulates curiosity.